Mobi-C Cervical Disc Replacement
The Mobi-C has been used outside the United States since 2003 in thousands of cases. In 2013, the Mobi-C was approved for use in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).Mobi-C is the first cervical disc FDA approved for one and two-level indications. Dr. Richard Francis is a leader in the field of spine surgery, pioneering treatments related to artificial disc implants, robotic assisted spine procedures and conducting research that leads to better treatments for our patients. We offer cutting-edge treatments and the latest technology to ensure that you receive the best possible results. To find out if you are a candidate for cervical artificial disc replacement, request a consultation in Houston or Beaumont. Or you can call us at 1-713-383-7100 to schedule your appointment.
- First and only cervical disc replacement FDA approved for one and two-levels of the cervical spine
- Mobi-C is different from other cervical discs because of a unique mobile bearing core, that eliminates the need for invasive bone keels and optimizes it for two-level applications
- Its patented Mobile Core Technology™ allows flexion/extension and lateral bending coupled with translation similar to natural cervical motion
Advantages of Mobi-C
- An artificial disc like Mobi-C is an option instead of a fusion that will also be placed inside the disc space to restore height and remove pressure on the pinched nerves.
- The Mobi-C device is designed to allow the neck to maintain normal motion and potentially prevent the adjacent levels from degenerating, possibly preventing future surgeries.
How it Works
Mobi-C is designed to replicate the natural motion of the cervical spine. The device contains patented Mobile Core Technology™ that allows the polyethylene core to slide and rotate inside the disc for self-adjustment to the cervical spine movements. This means that the disc can react to the normal motion in the cervical spine. In addition, the mobile core is designed to reduce the stresses between the implant and adjacent bone, eliminating the more invasive fixation features found in other cervical disc replacement devices.
Mobi-C provides bone sparing fixation without chisel cuts into the small vertebral bodies of the cervical spine. Competitor’s discs achieve their fixation by drilling keel cuts or screw holes into the bone, which can prevent safe implantation at two levels. The implant was designed without a keel and therefore to be specifically applicable for both one and two-level indications.
GO WITH THE TEAM THAT YOU TRUST
It makes sense to seek multiple opinions from specialists when you’re considering a possible spinal operation. Almost all of our patients do exactly that, and in the end, they come to us. There are multiple reasons why, but it is largely about trust. Our reputation has been built upon patient successes and real results, repeated many times over many years. We invite you to read the success stories from our patients to learn about our approach and their outcomes firsthand.